Pregnant goat dies after gang rape in India
The goat’s owner told police that up to eight “drug addicts and alcoholics” stole the animal from him before taking it to a deserted house in the village, where it was later found dead.
According to the police, all accused are absconding and medical examination of the dead goat will be conducted to further investigate the case.
Aslu, the goat owner, registered a complaint alleging that his goat was gang-raped on the night of July 25 by men named Savakar, Haroon, Jaffar and five others whose identities are yet to be ascertained.
The seven-year-old animal who was ‘not able to walk’ after the ordeal, succumbed to the injuries and died.
Since this morning, the story has been shared thousands of times and #JusticeForGoat is now a top trend, with more than 28,000 tweets, and counting.
help us protect animals. https://t.co/MBCSbdjKjF
According to a report by Indian newspaper Hindustan Times: “Police have registered a case under Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, which prohibits ‘...intercourse against the order of Nature with man, woman or animal’ and under the Animal Cruelty Act.”
According to the report, police said that those accused were locals and three of them were beaten up by villagers after getting caught in the act. They told the villagers that there were more people involved but were on the run.
Earlier this year, in a Thomson Reuters Foundation survey, India was named as the most dangerous country in the world for women, where around 106 rapes take place in a day.
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- FBR directed to stop menace of fake and flying invoices10:10 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020