Mahesh Bhatt writes an emotional note for Sanjay Dutt on his 60th birthday
Bhatt wrote in the note published in Mumbai Mirror, “When Ingmar Bergman (the iconic Swedish filmmaker) turned 70, Akira Kurosawa (the great Japanese filmmaker) wrote him a letter for his birthday. In this letter he wrote, A human is born a baby, becomes a boy, goes through youth, the prime of life and finally returns to being a baby before he closes his life. This is, in my opinion, the most ideal way of life. I believe you would agree that a human becomes capable of producing pure works, without any restrictions, in the days of his second babyhood.”
Previously, Sanjay Dutt had spent five years in prison for illegal possession of arms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
“Today, the footprints of time and real-life experience are visible on your gorgeous face like never before. Your life proves that it is by suffering, and suffering alone, that one ceases to be just a mere acting machine,” Bhatt added reflecting on the actor’s tough life experiences.
He further said, “The periods of solitude that you’ve experienced in prison, face to face with suffering, have woken you up to deep love, compassion and understanding. In this industry, where there are no second acts, you have proved time and again to the world that has always been too keen to write your obituary, that you have the ability to re-invent yourself. How lovely it is to reconnect with you in the Autumn years’ of our lives, Sanju. But as the wise say: Autumn is just another spring.”
Happy Birthday, Sanjay Dutt.
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020