Pakistan can't progress until you pay due taxes, PM Imran to nation (VIDEO)
In a message to the nation aired on Pakistan Television and Radio Pakistan Thursday night, Khan said only one percent tax filers exist in the population of 220 million which is a very small proportion. As people do no give taxes, government is not in a position to build hospitals, schools and other facilities for people.
The PM urged the non-tax filers to avail the asset declaration scheme introduced by the government, under which people can bring their undeclared assets into the mainstream which will help government collect taxes for public welfare.
He said the scheme will continue by 30th of next month and after that there will not be opportunity for any other amnesty.
Imran Khan said the tax collecting agencies have already gained access to information regarding the undeclared assets of the people, and more information is also being received.
He assured that this money will not be stolen as he will himself look after it. He said people can also sleep with peace after declaring their undisclosed income. This step will also help government coming out of its difficult economic phase.
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021