Pakistan can't progress until you pay due taxes, PM Imran to nation (VIDEO)
In a message to the nation aired on Pakistan Television and Radio Pakistan Thursday night, Khan said only one percent tax filers exist in the population of 220 million which is a very small proportion. As people do no give taxes, government is not in a position to build hospitals, schools and other facilities for people.
The PM urged the non-tax filers to avail the asset declaration scheme introduced by the government, under which people can bring their undeclared assets into the mainstream which will help government collect taxes for public welfare.
He said the scheme will continue by 30th of next month and after that there will not be opportunity for any other amnesty.
Imran Khan said the tax collecting agencies have already gained access to information regarding the undeclared assets of the people, and more information is also being received.
He assured that this money will not be stolen as he will himself look after it. He said people can also sleep with peace after declaring their undisclosed income. This step will also help government coming out of its difficult economic phase.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021