Former US president Jimmy Carter urges Obama to recognize Palestine before Trump's arrival
The 39th US president made the call in an article published on Monday in The New York Times under the title “America Must Recognize Palestine.”
“Israel is building more and more settlements, displacing Palestinians and entrenching its occupation of Palestinian lands,” Carter charged.
This process, Carter claimed, will bring about “a one-state reality that could destroy Israeli democracy and will result in intensifying international condemnation of Israel.”
“We do not yet know the policy of the next administration towards Israel and Palestine, but we do know that the current administration is keen on achieving a two state solution,” Carter wrote.
“That prospect is now in grave doubt,” Carter said, pointing towards the uncertainty surrounding incoming president-elect Donald Trump’s exact policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Carter urged the US to push for a UN Security Council Resolution “laying out the parameters for resolving the conflict.”
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- India wants escape from Kulbhushan Jadhav case: Pakistan09:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan likely to ban Rs25,000 prize bond08:50 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Luqman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020