Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi appointed new Pakistan Navy chief
ISLAMABAD - Vice Admiral Amjad Niazi will be succeeding Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi after President Dr Arif Alvi on Wednesday approved his elevation to the office on the advice of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
The new naval chief will assume the charge on October 6, 2020, local media reported.
Vice Adm Niazi, the CNS designate, will stand promoted to the rank of admiral from the day he takes over the new post.
Earlier today, outgoing CNS Admiral Mahmood Abbasi on his farewell visit, called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa here at General Headquarters (GHQ).
The COAS thanked CNS for his services to the nation during a long and illustrious career, said an Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.
On arrival at GHQ, the CNS was presented Guard of Honour at Yadgar-e-Shuhada.
- Solidarity with Kashmiris: Pakistan all set to observe 'Black Day' ...08:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020