Tons of whale meat arrives in Japan
The ship brought whale meat equivalent to around 40 percent of Japan’s annual consumption.
The fin whale is listed as an endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, of which Japan is a member.
Greenpeace has also reported after the International court of Justice has ordered Japan to stop hunting whales, it seems like the country has found another way of getting the whale meat. Undoubtedly, this decision will lead to another wave of outrage from the environmentalists.
Previously, Iceland and Norway have fallen under a huge criticism for hunting whales despite an international moratorium. Japan continued to hunt whales for "scientific research".
Many observers have expressed doubt saying that research is only an excuse to get whales for commercial use. In March, the UN ICJ ordered Japan to stop hunting whales.
- My investor is my master’, Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz tells Turkish ...05:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Imran Khan reaches Rawalpindi amid threats, to address PTI’s ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022