Tons of whale meat arrives in Japan
The ship brought whale meat equivalent to around 40 percent of Japan’s annual consumption.
The fin whale is listed as an endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, of which Japan is a member.
Greenpeace has also reported after the International court of Justice has ordered Japan to stop hunting whales, it seems like the country has found another way of getting the whale meat. Undoubtedly, this decision will lead to another wave of outrage from the environmentalists.
Previously, Iceland and Norway have fallen under a huge criticism for hunting whales despite an international moratorium. Japan continued to hunt whales for "scientific research".
Many observers have expressed doubt saying that research is only an excuse to get whales for commercial use. In March, the UN ICJ ordered Japan to stop hunting whales.
- BANvPAK: Hasan Ali’s double blow put wounded Bangladesh on back foot10:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem beats Colombia's Barrera to bag WBC ...09:57 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 411 new infections, 7 deaths in a day09:26 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 November 202108:42 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021