22 dead as suicide bomber hits Somalia Presidential compound
Some of the injured involve cabinet members as well. The bomb exploded during a morning traffic jam.
The injured were rushed to Mogadishu’s Madina Hospital, said Dr. Mohamed Yusuf, the hospital’s director. The massive blast left a trail of destruction across the hilltop presidential complex and to hotels nearby.
Related: Somalia hotel attack leaves 25 dead
The police officials claimed that the assailant was stopped by the security forces however the attacker detonated the bomb near the presidential palace.
The explosion was heard across Mogadishu, and smoke was seen billowing over the area of the presidential compound. Somalia’s Islamic extremist group Al-Shabab has claimed the responsibility for the blast, according to the rebels’ Andalus radio station.
More details to follow...
- Canada lauds Pakistan's constructive role during Afghan crisis09:04 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of ...08:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran woos investors at Riyadh investment forum08:19 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran Khan addresses Middle East Green Initiative Summit in Saudi ...07:49 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Twitter hilariously trolls Akshay Kumar after Pakistan's victory ...05:38 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Babar Azam's father breaks into tears after Pakistan’s victory ...04:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021