22 dead as suicide bomber hits Somalia Presidential compound
Some of the injured involve cabinet members as well. The bomb exploded during a morning traffic jam.
The injured were rushed to Mogadishu’s Madina Hospital, said Dr. Mohamed Yusuf, the hospital’s director. The massive blast left a trail of destruction across the hilltop presidential complex and to hotels nearby.
Related: Somalia hotel attack leaves 25 dead
The police officials claimed that the assailant was stopped by the security forces however the attacker detonated the bomb near the presidential palace.
The explosion was heard across Mogadishu, and smoke was seen billowing over the area of the presidential compound. Somalia’s Islamic extremist group Al-Shabab has claimed the responsibility for the blast, according to the rebels’ Andalus radio station.
More details to follow...
- COAS Bajwa visits GC University Lahore (VIDEO)11:01 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM asked Pakistan’s Imran Khan to postpone cricket ...09:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- ‘Hidden hands’ got New Zealand cricket team’s Pakistan tour ...09:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PITB to automate Punjab Journalists Housing Foundation: Agreement ...08:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- UK removes Pakistan from red list08:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021