Viral flu kills 14 children in Sri Lanka
Director of the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital in southern Sri Lanka, Dr. Jayampathi Senanayake told the journalists that out of the 14 deaths, 13 were reported in Karapitiya while one was reported in Colombo.
All children who had died were below 2 years of age. According to doctors, the symptoms of the virus include fever, cough, cold and headache. The patients then develop breathing problems which leads to pneumonia.
Health officials at the Karapitiya Hospital said that at present 49 patients were admitted at the hospital, with the suspected viral fever.
Out of the 49, 4 were adults while the remaining were children. None of the patients were in a serious condition.
According to Dr. Senanayake, the hospital had taken all precautionary measures to curb the spread of the viral flu. He however urged the public to seek immediate medical attention if they develop a fever.
- With PM Imran in attendance, Gilgit-Baltistan cabinet members take ...03:10 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Islamabad bans indoor dining due to virus surge02:52 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Islamabad court declares Nawaz Sharif a 'fugitive'02:41 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Realme “RACE” coming up with powerful, fast speed Qualcomm ...02:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- What happened in the night when the young man married a 20-year-old ...12:46 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020