Another three trucks of relief goods from Pakistan reach Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has handed over three more trucks loaded with relief goods to Afghanistan, where only 5 percent of the people have access to enough food to survive.
The trucks carrying 28 tons of essential commodities were handed over to Afghan authorities at Torkham crossing.
The aid was sent by Pak-Afghan Cooperation Forum and Save the Children.
Meanwhile, Pakistan's Ambassador to Kabul, Mansoor Ahmed Khan called on interim Afghan Foreign Minister Amir Khan Muttaqi and discussed strengthening of bilateral engagement including humanitarian field, trade and movement of people.
Over 22.8 millions Afghans, who constitute nearly half of the total population of the country, are facing food insecurity.
Also this week, the United States announced more than 144 million dollars in humanitarian assistance to the people affected by the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan.
The assistance is provided directly to independent non-governmental organisations for onward distribution among the people of Afghanistan.
Taliban appoint diplomatic staff at Afghan ... 07:48 PM | 29 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Taliban have sent their diplomatic staff to Pakistan in order to make Afghanistan’s embassy ...
- Armed robbers rape teenage girl in front of father in Pattoki07:44 PM | 26 May, 2022
- No-trust motion against Balochistan CM Bizenjo ends in a flop show06:54 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi shares bold video to mark 40 million followers on ...06:40 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022