Saudi Arabia 'allows' Israeli flights to use its airspace
TEL AVIV – Saudi Arabia has reportedly permitted Israeli airlines to operate flights for the United Arab Emirates (UAE) using its airspace, the Israeli media claimed on Tuesday.
It comes a day after Saudi officials and White House senior adviser Jared Kushner held talks in the Gulf kingdom that has so far not recognised Israel due to the Palestine conflict. According to a report in i24News, the Tel Aviv administration had asked Washington to persuade Saudi Arabia to allow use of its airspace and Kushner stepped in.
The route will shorten the distance between Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi by half for the Israeli flights, the report added.
Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, ... 11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – This week Pakistani TV anchor Mubashir Lucman appeared on an Israeli news channel, pushing for ties ...
Under the exclusive permission, it further said, the Israeli airliners can use the airspace only for flights to the UAE and not for other destinations.
In October, the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority inked a deal with the Israeli Civil Aviation Authority on air transport services.
In late November, UAE’s flydubai commenced direct flights to Tel Aviv, weeks after the Emirates and Israel signed the US President Donald Trump-brokered deal to normalise bilateral relations in September.
Alike Palestinians, Muslims around the world have widely condemned the Arab-Israeli handshakes.
- Pakistan condemns assassination of Afghan women judges in Kabul12:00 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Wandering snow leopard killed after attacking man in Abbottabad10:36 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Goswami whatsapp leaks exposes "unholy nexus between Hindutva regime ...08:42 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Intrigue Grows as Celebrities and Influencers Upload Pictures with ...03:45 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021