Pakistani village takes unique decision to curb lavish weddings
PESHAWAR – People of a village in northwest Pakistan have unanimously decided to put curbs on expensive weddings, also announcing a bizarre punishment for the violators.
Residents of Darshakila, a village in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Swat valley, have decided to limit the wedding convoy, a tradition rampantly seeping into the society to impress others.
Instead of a variety of food items, wedding guests will be served with only dates and sharbat, according to the decision.
A pamphlet issued by the village in Pashto language is circulating on social media, stating that the prayer leader of the village will not offer the funeral prayers of those who will not abide by the new rule.
How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on ... 07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – Amid criticism over Master Tiles and Jalal Sons’ lavish wedding, renowned Islamic preacher Maulana ...
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Mohammad Taimur bowls Delhi Bulls to 31-runs win over Chennai Braves ...11:32 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022