Pakistani village takes unique decision to curb lavish weddings
PESHAWAR – People of a village in northwest Pakistan have unanimously decided to put curbs on expensive weddings, also announcing a bizarre punishment for the violators.
Residents of Darshakila, a village in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's Swat valley, have decided to limit the wedding convoy, a tradition rampantly seeping into the society to impress others.
Instead of a variety of food items, wedding guests will be served with only dates and sharbat, according to the decision.
A pamphlet issued by the village in Pashto language is circulating on social media, stating that the prayer leader of the village will not offer the funeral prayers of those who will not abide by the new rule.
How much Master Tiles & Jalal Sons spent on ... 07:52 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
LAHORE – Amid criticism over Master Tiles and Jalal Sons’ lavish wedding, renowned Islamic preacher Maulana ...
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022