Anonymous British graffiti artist Banksy highlights the world's hypocrisy on terrorism
British graffiti artist Banksy has brought attention to the plight of Muslims in the world by sharing a strong image on Twitter in the context of the deadly bombings at Istanbul's Atatürk Airport.
The graffiti artist's photo depicted Pakistan and Turkey's battered, bloodied flags with only two people, one from each country, hugging each other. On the other hand, the flags of France and Belgium are surrounded by people and media personnel, highlighting the apparent hypocrisy in how the world supports different terror-hit nations.
I'm so heartbroken to hear about the attack in Istanbul, Turkey. This image is so sad, but so true. pic.twitter.com/TTUJB7bemC
— banksy (@thereaIbanksy) June 29, 2016
This powerful photo overwhelmed and touched many people, opening up a global debate on whether the two countries had actually been left alone by the world.
I'm so heartbroken to hear about the attack in Istanbul, Turkey. This image is so sad, but so true. pic.twitter.com/6Y8xnPUqIy
— Anna Todd (@imaginator1dx) June 28, 2016
Banksy : #Istanbul, #Turkey." This image is so sad, but so true. pic.twitter.com/tHf0DrJAF3 " #PrayForTurkey
— UNE FEMME (@retwiteur) June 29, 2016
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020