Benami assets of politicians to be seized very soon, declares PM Imran
In an exclusive interview with a private TV channel, the premier delved into the details about the revenue collection in the country and different aspects of the assets declaration scheme -the deadline of which has been extended till Wednesday.
'The benami assets of public would be confiscated after July as a list in this regard has already been received by the officials,' the premier said and added that it was impossible to manage the country, the way it has been managed in the past.
The premier - flanked by Adviser on Finance, Abdul Hafeez Sheikh and Federal Board of Revenue Chairman, Shabbar Zaidi - expressed that the value of exchange rate cannot be fixed as market takes such decision.
Pakistan extends date of Asset Declaration Scheme ... 06:59 PM | 30 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister's Adviser on Finance Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh has announced that the government has extended ...
'The economy would strengthen after the IMF program,' the premier shared and added that market dictates the price of US Dollar against the rupee.
The premier observed that he discussed Malaysia’s crisis with Mahathir Mohammad and they fixed the exchange rate but also came out of that bad phase.
The prime minister expressed that half of the collected tax was paid as interest on loans; he equated the imports with a bubble, contending that relying solely on imports could weaken the country.
NRO with Sharifs
The premier also dished in on the matter of a deal with the former ruling family, the Sharif family and claimed that two countries were approached by Sharif family members.
'Both the countries are well aware of me and won't put pressure,' the premier said but fell short of disclosing the countries.
Prime Minister Imran Khan ruled out the possibility of any NRO with Sharifs, however, expressed that plea bargain was still an option.
'Nawaz Sharif should return the money and fly out of the country for treatment,' he said and added that if former president Asif Zardari was in trouble, he should return the money.
The premier stated in blunt remarks that this time they have to return Pakistan’s money adding that he will not be pressurized by any country.
'I would direct the law ministry to put an end to the VIP class in jails,' the premier expressed.
The premier disclosed that the export industry has been enhanced by 30 percent adding that Russia and Central Asian Republics were looking forward to Pakistan.
'They are observing Gwadar port as it would be less expensive for them,' the premier said.
He added that the country will prosper through industrialization.
"Thanks to our strategic position in the world, foreign investors are eager to come to Pakistan. All we need is to create ease of doing business in Pakistan," he remarked.
The prime minister expressed that the Naya Pakistan Housing Scheme would be inaugurated next week.
'Forty industries are put into action owing to the housing sector,' the premier expressed and added that the country would take off with the betterment of housing sector.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021