New York attorney general reaches $19m settlement in Harvey Weinstein lawsuits
The New York Attorney General's office announced Tuesday that a $19 million settlement has been reached in sexual abuse lawsuits against convicted former Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein, reported CNN.
However, lawyers representing six of the women who have made accusations against Weinstein labelled the settlement a "complete sellout" that did not obligate Weinstein to accept responsibility or make the payment out of his own earnings.
The proposed deal is yet to be sanctioned by a federal judge and a bankruptcy court.
The 68-year-old was found guilty in February of sexual assault and rape and sentenced to 23 years in jail.
Once considered as the most powerful man in Hollywood, his sexual perversion towards young actresses over many years was one of the main activators of the #MeToo movement.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021