Petition against Aviation minister dismissed
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Wednesday dismissed a petition seeking removal of Federal Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan from his post for his statement about Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilots having fake degrees.
The court declared the case as non-maintainable.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah conducted hearing on a petition filed by Tariq Asad Advocate against the federal minister.
The petitioner alleged that the federal minister's statement about PIA pilots has harmed airlines reputation. He further said that action against pilots having fake degrees should have been taken in a secret way.
After hearing arguments, the court dismissed the case declaring it as non-maintainable. The order stated that only the Prime Minister was authorized to take action.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020