PITB signs MoU to integrate Mastercard with PayZen
LAHORE – Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to integrate Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd with PayZen, a modern digital payment solution to facilitate money movement between different segments of the Financial Ecosystem.
The agreement was signed by PITB Director-General IT-Operations (IT-Ops) Faisal Yousaf and Country General Manager Middle East & North Africa (MENA) East J K Khalil during a ceremony conducted at Arfa Software Technology Park (ASTP) in Lahore.
While addressing the event, PITB IT-Ops DG Faisal Yousaf said, ‘PITB plans to work with Mastercard to identify new opportunities for facilitation of the citizens. This collaboration will explore joint-ventures for digitization of government payments in Pakistan and worldwide.’ He further stressed to expand cooperation in various areas including food, livestock, fee and toll collection etc in near future.
Mastercard’s Country General Manager J K Khalil expressed gratitude over PITB’s technical support and offered their global expertise on 'open loop transit solutions' that allow customers to pay using their Debit/Credit/ Pre-Paid cards for transportation. In this regard, necessary support will be extended to PITB through partner acquiring bank, he pledged.
The Mastercard integration with PITB will also provide the possibility of establishing Mastercard Farmer Network / Provenance Solutions in Pakistan enabling farmers to sell their crops across the world.
Under this MoU, cooperation on various strategic alliance opportunities including formalizing the potential collaboration with respect to introducing Digital Financial Services in PITB will be ensured.
PITB, Faysal Bank Ltd. sign MoU to facilitate ... 07:40 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
LAHORE – In a special ceremony held at Arfa Technology Park on June 01, Punjab Information Technology Board ...
- My investor is my master’, Pakistan’s PM Shehbaz tells Turkish ...05:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- LIVE: Imran Khan reaches venue of Rawalpindi rally, to address ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022