Vidya Balan breaks down while talking about body shaming
The video starts off with Vidya singing in a melancholic and regretful tone “Kabhi tu moti kahta hai, kabhi to chhoti kahta hai [Sometimes you call me fat, sometimes you call me short].” Balan has talked about her struggle of having to deal with criticism about her body and accepting herself many times in the past.
Let's go through some of the comments to Vidya Balan's featured video on Youtube:
The video goes forward showing the actor with smudged makeup and teary eyes as she voices her views against people poking fun at a person’s physical appearance with special significance on their skin tone, weight and height.
By the end, the actor throws away her dupatta wrapped around her shoulders and recollects her confidence urging people to not shatter the self-confidence of someone by making inappropriate remarks on their physical appearance. The video is part of an initiative associated with her radio show Dhun Badal Ke Toh Dekho with Vidya Balan on 92.7 BIG FM.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- TLP announces long march towards Islamabad tomorrow11:33 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- PU’s Digital Media Dept offers admissions to four-year programme10:37 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF grey list10:02 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan to provide Rs5 billion in humanitarian assistance to ...09:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Turkey busts 15-member Mossad spy network: reports09:00 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Sanjay Dutt lands in Dubai for high-octane T20 World Cup ...06:05 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021