Vidya Balan breaks down while talking about body shaming
MUMBAI - Bollywood star Vidya Balan has not been one to shy away from calling out the toxicities that exist in the Indian and Pakistani culture. Vidya Balan had unveiled a video recently that started widely circulating featuring her addressing a topic which she has fallen prey to herself quite often –body shaming.
The video starts off with Vidya singing in a melancholic and regretful tone “Kabhi tu moti kahta hai, kabhi to chhoti kahta hai [Sometimes you call me fat, sometimes you call me short].” Balan has talked about her struggle of having to deal with criticism about her body and accepting herself many times in the past.
Let's go through some of the comments to Vidya Balan's featured video on Youtube:
The video goes forward showing the actor with smudged makeup and teary eyes as she voices her views against people poking fun at a person’s physical appearance with special significance on their skin tone, weight and height.
By the end, the actor throws away her dupatta wrapped around her shoulders and recollects her confidence urging people to not shatter the self-confidence of someone by making inappropriate remarks on their physical appearance. The video is part of an initiative associated with her radio show Dhun Badal Ke Toh Dekho with Vidya Balan on 92.7 BIG FM.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020