Vidya Balan breaks down while talking about body shaming
The video starts off with Vidya singing in a melancholic and regretful tone “Kabhi tu moti kahta hai, kabhi to chhoti kahta hai [Sometimes you call me fat, sometimes you call me short].” Balan has talked about her struggle of having to deal with criticism about her body and accepting herself many times in the past.
Let's go through some of the comments to Vidya Balan's featured video on Youtube:
The video goes forward showing the actor with smudged makeup and teary eyes as she voices her views against people poking fun at a person’s physical appearance with special significance on their skin tone, weight and height.
By the end, the actor throws away her dupatta wrapped around her shoulders and recollects her confidence urging people to not shatter the self-confidence of someone by making inappropriate remarks on their physical appearance. The video is part of an initiative associated with her radio show Dhun Badal Ke Toh Dekho with Vidya Balan on 92.7 BIG FM.
What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments box below.
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Sialkot lynching: Priyantha’s body to reach Sri Lanka on Monday, ...11:27 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021