Censor board bans Shamoon Abbasi's Durj
LAHORE - Pakistani acclaimed actor Shamoon Abbasi’s upcoming movie Durj has been banned in the country due to some unrevealed reason. According to details, the film was scheduled to release on October 11 across the world and on October 18 in Pakistan, however, all the censor boards have banned the movie.
Durj is based on three real-life incidents including the story of two brothers who dug over 100 graves and ate corpses.
“All these horrific stories became a nightmare for me. And no one was talking about it. No one was concerned about this certain type of people who were doing it. So for me, the fact that there were no laws to handle this zombie-like phenomenon became a question. It made me want to make a film on this,” he said.
Stay tuned for more news and updates to Daily Pakistan Global.
- US resumes peace talks with Taliban in Doha06:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Maryam seeks LHC’s permission to travel abroad for taking care of ...05:58 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan names squad for Sri Lanka Tests05:05 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- IAEA commends Pakistan's nuclear security measures04:59 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s girlfriend Camila Morrone defends their 23-year ...02:01 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Fatima Sohail seeks FIA help over 'disgusting leaked' video12:48 PM | 7 Dec, 2019
- Shahida Abbasi from Balochistan bags gold at Asian games03:17 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019