Harry Potter’s Potions Master gets ‘significant’ role in Game of Thrones
Broadbent has appeared in TV shows like War and Peace and London Spy and films including Brooklyn, Paddington and the Bridget Jones series.
The versatile 67-year-old British won an Oscar in 2002 for ‘Iris’.
Many will also know him as Hogwarts potions master Professor Horace Slughorn from the Harry Potter films.
No details of Broadbent's character have been revealed, but he would have a "significant" role, according to Entertainment Weekly.
The seven episodes in Game of Thrones' seventh season will be filmed over the winter before reaching screens next summer.
The show won a record-breaking 12 Emmy Awards in 2015 and has been nominated for a further 23 this year.
- Babar Azam bags 2nd position in ICC T20I rankings03:12 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- 'Joints for jabs': Activists distribute free marijuana to vaccinated ...02:59 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Irrfan Khan’s son Babil wishes to work with Amitabh Bachchan02:09 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021