Harry Potter’s Potions Master gets ‘significant’ role in Game of Thrones
Broadbent has appeared in TV shows like War and Peace and London Spy and films including Brooklyn, Paddington and the Bridget Jones series.
The versatile 67-year-old British won an Oscar in 2002 for ‘Iris’.
Many will also know him as Hogwarts potions master Professor Horace Slughorn from the Harry Potter films.
No details of Broadbent's character have been revealed, but he would have a "significant" role, according to Entertainment Weekly.
The seven episodes in Game of Thrones' seventh season will be filmed over the winter before reaching screens next summer.
The show won a record-breaking 12 Emmy Awards in 2015 and has been nominated for a further 23 this year.
- ‘Aik Qaum, Aik Manzil’ – ISPR releases teaser for Pakistan Day ...08:18 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PTI govt to lose Abdul Hafeez Shaikh as Pakistan's finance minister ...07:52 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Qatari military commander calls on Pakistan Army chief at GHQ07:44 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021