Pervez Musharraf to contest 2018 elections with new political party
In an interview with Inter Press News Agency, he said that his party would transcend all sectarian and linguistic differences.
'The party will be formed by June 2017' he said.
Pervez Musharraf expressed that all the political parties currently operating in Pakistan were on linguistic lines, posing a threat to the federation of Pakistan. He said that the current Pakistani leadership was not capable enough for meeting the internal and external challenges faced by the country.
“I want to give the people a better leadership after uniting them. I’m ready to face the allegations in any Pakistani court but I don’t want my movement to be restricted”, he said.
Rejecting the media reports regarding him presiding over Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) and Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), Musharraf said that these parties were limited only to Urdu-speaking community. He said that his party would also have a key role for Urdu-speaking people.
Talking about the religious fanaticism, the former president said that the seminaries had to be brought under the regular education system.
He opined that Lashkar-e-Taiba had also diverted the attention of the youth towards welfare projects.
Musharraf also admitted that his two big mistakes were removal of CJ Iftikhar Chaudhery and National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO).
It is worth mentioning that Musharraf formed All Pakistan Muslim League in 2010. The party also took part in 2013 general elections but to no avail.
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022