PM Imran assigns tasks to new DG FIA
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Monday informed Wajid Zia, the newly appointed director general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), about the commitment of his government to curb organised crimes.
Fighting organized crime including corruption, cyber crime, economic crime, immigration related crimes, money laundering and across the board accountability is the main plank of PTI’s agenda, the premier told Zia who called on him in Islamabad.
Special Assistant to the PM on Accountability Mirza Shahzad Akbar was also present during the meeting.
DG FIA Dr. Wajid Zia assured the prime minister that he would do his best to serve the country with commitment.
Last week, the government had appointed the former head of the Panamagate joint investigation team as the new DG.
Zia was currently serving as the inspector general of Pakistan Railways Police under the railways' ministry.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020