PM Imran assigns tasks to new DG FIA
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan Monday informed Wajid Zia, the newly appointed director general of the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), about the commitment of his government to curb organised crimes.
Fighting organized crime including corruption, cyber crime, economic crime, immigration related crimes, money laundering and across the board accountability is the main plank of PTI’s agenda, the premier told Zia who called on him in Islamabad.
Special Assistant to the PM on Accountability Mirza Shahzad Akbar was also present during the meeting.
DG FIA Dr. Wajid Zia assured the prime minister that he would do his best to serve the country with commitment.
Last week, the government had appointed the former head of the Panamagate joint investigation team as the new DG.
Zia was currently serving as the inspector general of Pakistan Railways Police under the railways' ministry.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019