USAID spying under women vote registration cover, leaking data to US spy agencies, claims local NGO
The chairman claimed that "Citizens' Voice Project", under the cover of women vote registration, is taking personal date of Pakistani citizens and leaking it to the intelligence agencies of US, according to local media.
He raised questions over the involvement of foreign NGOs in the process of vote registration when there is already a mechanism that automatically registers citizen's vote after he/she obtains Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) launched its three-year "Citizens' Voice Project" in Punjab asking civil society organisations to come up with innovative proposals on issues in the sectors of energy, economic growth, agriculture, education and health.
- Pakistan to mortgage airports, motorways to issue Sukuk bonds03:00 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan, Russia express resolve to deepen, diversify bilateral ties02:54 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Covid-19 – PIA plane brings more doses of Chinese vaccine02:10 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- No reason to keep Pakistan in FATF's grey list as technical ...01:43 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Jemima reacts to PM Imran's comment on women's dressing09:40 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Molped announces Turkish actress Esra Bilgiç as brand ambassador!10:34 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- TikToker who scammed Ertuğrul star gets bail09:42 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021