Criminal Law Amendment Bill 2015 approved
The Senate body met here under the chairmanship of Nasreen Jalil and attended by Senators Dr Jehanzeb Jamaldini, Mufti Abdul Sattar, Mir Kabir Ahmed Muhammad Sahi, Sehar Kamran and Farhatullah Babar, and Federal Minister for Human Rights Zahid Hamid.
Penalties for human rights violations pertaining to children revised as taping or clicking indecent pictures of children will land the criminal in prison for two to seven years. Rape accused, if convicted of the offense will be sentenced to life in prison.
Human traffickers found guilty of smuggling children will go behind the bars for five to seven years.
Human Rights Commission’s report in regard to Kasur child abuse scandal states that around 32 cases were reported. Cases have been launched in some 20 legit cases out of the total. The report further stated that the administration has not taken any action against the culprit who taped children.
Kasur child abuse scandal came to the fore in August 2015 when the residents of the area protested against the police and the local legislator of the area.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021