Jerry Springer gets sued after man attends show and commits suicide
The family of Blake Alvey said he was ambushed on the NBC series when he was confronted by his fiancée Cassie Rutter.
The wrongful death lawsuit, recently filed in Jefferson Circuit Court, alleges that Blake was ambushed when he filmed his episode of the controversial talk show on May 8, 2018. It was on the set of “The Jerry Springer Show” that he learned his fiancée had been unfaithful and of her plans to leave him – at that point, she’d already sold the engagement ring.
“'The Jerry Springer Show’ was designed to humiliate and exploit people like Blake, while the Defendants disregard the devastating consequences that their conduct can have on people lives,” the suit reads.
It further contends the show’s bid to “elicit an extreme reaction” from Alvey proves its “reckless disregard for the lives and safety of others”.
Attorney Brenton Stanley, who is representing Alvey’s loved ones, argued in a statement that “The Jerry Springer Show” caused Alvey “great emotional distress, leading to his tragic and untimely death."
The suit is requesting a jury trial and unspecified monetary damages.
- Pakistan's exports to 10 countries plummet including UAE, KSA12:11 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Karachi stats show 36pc spike in rape cases in 2020 – 7 years high11:31 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021