Gigi Hadid in legal trouble for sharing ex Zayn Malik's photo
“This action arises out of Defendant’s unauthorized reproduction and public display of a copyrighted photograph of English singer and songwriter Zayn Malik, owned and registered by O’Neil, a New York-based professional photographer,” the court documents stated.
The docs also claim that Hadid infringed O’Neil’s copyright by “reproducing and publicly displaying” the photo of the British-Pakistani on her Instagram Story.
“Gigi Hadid is not, and has never been, licensed or otherwise authorized to reproduce, publically display, distribute and/or use the Photograph,” the papers stated.
In order to resolve this issue, O’Neil wants 24-year-old Hadid, who has yet to comment on the lawsuit, to declare that she did infringe his copyrights by posting the photo.
O’Neil is also seeking to be awarded either “actual damages and Defendant’s profits, gains or advantages of any kind attributable to Defendant’s infringement of Plaintiff’s Photograph” or “statutory damages of up to $150,000.”
Though she has not yet spoken out about this specific case, Hadid did comment publicly in Oct. 2018 after being sued for posting a since-deleted paparazzi photo of herself.
“To the paparazzi, I understand that this is how you make your living, and I respect that this is something I must accept with my job,” Hadid wrote. “But there is a line. We are human beings, and sometimes it takes a lot of courage to engage with you because of the resentment I feel for the negative parts of these experiences.”
Even though Malik and Hadid broke up eight months ago after a whirlwind high-profile romance, feelings remained months after. Malik tweeted that he loved Hadid in March. In April, he went off on Twitter when fans thought some angry tweets he sent about someone not being “the person you said you were” were about the model.
- FATF says Pakistan to remain on grey list till Feb 202107:39 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- ‘President grossly failed to exercise his discretion,’ remarks SC ...07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020