Sargodha police register case against shrine custodian for battering 20 disciples to death
It is astonishing that no one from the bereaved families has contacted the police to lodge a complaint against the accused on the brutal killing.
According to the police, the families of deceased hold Waheed in high regard despite his confession.
"The 50-year-old shrine custodian, Abdul Waheed, has confessed to have killed these people because he feared that they had come to kill him," Sargodha police chief Zulfiqar Hameed told the media on Sunday afternoon.
During the initial investigation, the custodian of Ali Mohammad Shrine, who along with his seven aides, planned and killed 20 people, told the police that he had killed those people because they had poisoned his spiritual leader Ali Muhammad to death some two years ago.
"The suspect appears to be paranoid and psychotic, or it could be related to rivalry for the control of shrine," Hameed said, adding that the investigation was continuing.
The police have arrested the custodian along with his four close associates and shifted them to an undisclosed location.
Waheed and his accomplices, wielding batons and knives, mercilessly killed the intoxicated victims after stripping them off.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021