Beyonce claims "Girls Run the World" yet pays her female employees 54 cents an hour
Unwilling to make adjustments to its labor abuse practices, the line seems to be continuing with the same pattern. If women empowerment meant so much to the singer then a payment a little more than this one would have been in order. But 54 cents per hour would clearly be declared as exploitation of the needy Sri Lankan women.
“Poverty-stricken seamstresses making some of the clothes in the MAS Holdings factory in Sri Lanka earn just £4.30 a day,” a report noted.
“Ivy Park has a rigorous ethical trading program,” the company responded.
The price of an Ivy Park article ranges from around $30 up to $300.
- Iranian-American arrested for entering Pakistan on fake documents11:15 AM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Embassy in Kabul closes consulate section10:29 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021