Beyonce claims "Girls Run the World" yet pays her female employees 54 cents an hour
Unwilling to make adjustments to its labor abuse practices, the line seems to be continuing with the same pattern. If women empowerment meant so much to the singer then a payment a little more than this one would have been in order. But 54 cents per hour would clearly be declared as exploitation of the needy Sri Lankan women.
“Poverty-stricken seamstresses making some of the clothes in the MAS Holdings factory in Sri Lanka earn just £4.30 a day,” a report noted.
“Ivy Park has a rigorous ethical trading program,” the company responded.
The price of an Ivy Park article ranges from around $30 up to $300.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021