Imran Khan apologizes after blasphemy allegations, 'Kufr' fatwas
ISLAMABAD - Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday openly apologised for the 'inappropriate' words that he allegedly used for the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Imran Khan, while addressing the press conference in Islamabad said no believer could deliberately blaspheme against the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
"It was a mistake, and I assure that it won't happen ever again," Khan clarified.
On Monday, Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri had written an open letter to the PTI chief for allegedly committing blasphemy.
Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri had warned that if the leader doesn’t render an open apology, the organisation will formally issue a religious edict, declaring him a ‘Wajib-ul-Qatal’ (liable to death).
“If the state fails to execute Imran Khan, it wouldn’t be a crime if any ‘aashiq-e-Rasool’ (lover of prophet P.B.U.H) kills him. He will be exempt from Qisas and Diyat (blood money),” Qadri told Daily Pakistan, adding the blood of blasphemer – in this case, Imran Khan’s – has no worth compared to Prophet (PBUH).
Qadri has also issued a Fatwa against Shaan Taseer, son of slain Governor Salman Taseer, for allegedly committing blasphemy in his ‘Christmas special’ video message. The edict declared him 'Wajib-ulQatal' (liable to death). However, no letter or warning was issued to Taseer.
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Nawaz Sharif expected to travel for London in 48 hours11:13 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019