Imran Khan apologizes after blasphemy allegations, 'Kufr' fatwas
ISLAMABAD - Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Tuesday openly apologised for the 'inappropriate' words that he allegedly used for the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
Imran Khan, while addressing the press conference in Islamabad said no believer could deliberately blaspheme against the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
"It was a mistake, and I assure that it won't happen ever again," Khan clarified.
On Monday, Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri had written an open letter to the PTI chief for allegedly committing blasphemy.
Pir Muhammad Afzal Qadri had warned that if the leader doesn’t render an open apology, the organisation will formally issue a religious edict, declaring him a ‘Wajib-ul-Qatal’ (liable to death).
“If the state fails to execute Imran Khan, it wouldn’t be a crime if any ‘aashiq-e-Rasool’ (lover of prophet P.B.U.H) kills him. He will be exempt from Qisas and Diyat (blood money),” Qadri told Daily Pakistan, adding the blood of blasphemer – in this case, Imran Khan’s – has no worth compared to Prophet (PBUH).
Qadri has also issued a Fatwa against Shaan Taseer, son of slain Governor Salman Taseer, for allegedly committing blasphemy in his ‘Christmas special’ video message. The edict declared him 'Wajib-ulQatal' (liable to death). However, no letter or warning was issued to Taseer.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020