CTD Punjab books top JuD leadership including Hafiz Saeed for terror financing
The department also booked people associated with other banned trusts operating as charities on Wednesday; cases were registered under the Anti-Terrorism Act against five proscribed outfits in Lahore, Gujranwala and Multan.
Dawatul Irshad Trust, Moaz Bin Jabal Trust, Al Anfaal Trust, Al Madina Foundation Trust and Alhamd Trust were named in the cases while the individuals include Hafiz Saeed, his brother-in-law Abdul Rehman Makki, Ameer Hamza, Muhammad Yahya Aziz, Muhammad Naeem Sh, Mohsin Bilal, Abdul Raqeeb, Dr Ahmad Daud, Dr Muhammad Ayub, Abdullah Ubaid, Muhammad Ali and Abdul Ghaffar.
The CTD has accused the men of ‘promoting terrorism and raising funds to facilitate terror activities’. As per the charges, these proscribed outfits were operating under the guise of charities and were involved in funnelling funds to terror suspects.
The accused would now be prosecuted in Anti Terrorism Courts for investigations.
In March this year, Pakistan had included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud Dawah (JuD) and its charity wing, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) in the list of 70 proscribed organisations.
After the ordinance became ineffective, the two organisations were wiped off the national list of proscribed organisations, however, in March, the two organisations were notified as proscribed organisations through the Ministry of Interior.
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020