CTD Punjab books top JuD leadership including Hafiz Saeed for terror financing
The department also booked people associated with other banned trusts operating as charities on Wednesday; cases were registered under the Anti-Terrorism Act against five proscribed outfits in Lahore, Gujranwala and Multan.
Dawatul Irshad Trust, Moaz Bin Jabal Trust, Al Anfaal Trust, Al Madina Foundation Trust and Alhamd Trust were named in the cases while the individuals include Hafiz Saeed, his brother-in-law Abdul Rehman Makki, Ameer Hamza, Muhammad Yahya Aziz, Muhammad Naeem Sh, Mohsin Bilal, Abdul Raqeeb, Dr Ahmad Daud, Dr Muhammad Ayub, Abdullah Ubaid, Muhammad Ali and Abdul Ghaffar.
The CTD has accused the men of ‘promoting terrorism and raising funds to facilitate terror activities’. As per the charges, these proscribed outfits were operating under the guise of charities and were involved in funnelling funds to terror suspects.
The accused would now be prosecuted in Anti Terrorism Courts for investigations.
In March this year, Pakistan had included Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat ud Dawah (JuD) and its charity wing, Falah-e-Insaniat Foundation (FIF) in the list of 70 proscribed organisations.
After the ordinance became ineffective, the two organisations were wiped off the national list of proscribed organisations, however, in March, the two organisations were notified as proscribed organisations through the Ministry of Interior.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019