Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'
MUMBAI – Income Tax officials raided the house of Bollywood ace-filmmaker Anurag Kashyap and actress Taapsee Pannu on Wednesday, according to Indian media reports.
The authorities searched the houses of the B-Town bigwigs alongside 20 other locations in Mumbai and Pune over the issue of tax evasion.
According to NDTV, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said during a BJP briefing: "The Income Tax department probes someone based on whatever information they get. The issue goes to court later.”
Income Tax Dept conducting searches at the premises of Anurag Kashyap, Taapse Pannu, Phanton Films and a Talent Agency in Mumbai and Pune on allegations of tax evasion.
Over 20 places being searches: Sources to @ndtv— Arvind Gunasekar (@arvindgunasekar) March 3, 2021
Moreover, Kashyap and Pannu are outspoken critics of the government and are spotted lending their voice to various causes. Recently, the Thappad star had criticised the solidarity by celebrities towards the government in response to pop star Rihanna's tweet regarding farmers' agitation.
Anurag Kashyap shows evidence against rape ... 10:54 AM | 3 Oct, 2020
Recently, an FIR was registered against Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap as actor Payal Ghosh accused him sexual ...
- Turkish President Erdogan calls for settlement of Kashmir issue under ...11:36 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Mardan orphan student sets record by obtaining full marks in matric10:57 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Taliban ask to speak at UN, nominate Suhail Shaheen as Afghan envoy10:32 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran hints at civil war if Taliban fail to form inclusive govt in ...10:06 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:33 AM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto sends adorable birthday gift to brother Bilawal04:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021