#SackShireenMazari trends in Pakistan following suspension of FIA officer
The HR minister says she
LAHORE – Social media in Pakistan remained abuzz Saturday, with Twitterati calling for sacking of Federal Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari over her alleged role in suspension of FIA official in Meesha Shafi and Ali Zafar case.
This week, a local English daily reported that FIA Assistant Director Asif Iqbal was suspended and issued an explanation for maintaining a private Twitter account bearing cybercrime wing Lahore. He was acting as a spokesman for the cybercrime wing on his own accord without permission which is against disciplinary rules,” a statement posted by the wing’s spokesman said on Facebook on Friday.
So despite story today by @dawn_com on why the FIA officer was suspended, which shows clearly I had no role in this whole episode, @dawn_com did'nt have decency to apologise for what was clearly a malicious & deliberate attempt to malign me yesterday. https://t.co/7Yjitp0qpp https://t.co/R2xCCY3alh— Shireen Mazari (@ShireenMazari1) October 3, 2020
Responding the DAWN report, Mazari tweeted that “dawn_com sunk to new lows by publishing a maliciously motivated incorrect news story about how I had an FIA cyber crime official suspended after my daughter tweeted. FIA put out an immediate rejoinder to the @Dawn story but some are bent on maligning & character assassination”.
She went on to clarify that she “had no role in this whole episode”.
On Tuesday, FIA Cybercrime Wing had registered a case against singer Meesha Shafi, actress Iffat Omar and seven others for their alleged involvement in a vilification campaign against singer Ali Zafar.
FIA officer suspended over a tweet 12:10 AM | 3 Oct, 2020
LAHORE – Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) suspended an officer of its cyber crime wing over sharing a post on ...
The FIR was registered under Section 20 (1) of Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016 and R/W 109 PPC. According to FIA, the accused were unable to satisfy the investigators about the allegations levelled against them after which they were booked.
- Recent warmongering by Indian politicians reflects expansionist ...08:56 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan desirous of peaceful, prosperous and stable Afghanistan: FM ...08:31 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Minor boy sexually assaulted by prayer leader in Faisalabad11:35 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to reduce prisoners’ sentences on eve of Eid Milad-un-Nabi10:16 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Pakistani fathers to get one-month leave on birth of child09:31 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Expanding the skin colour palette, beauty industry leader celebrates ...03:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- The Weeknd leads American Music Awards nominations02:21 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Sarah Khan's best fashion moments in 'Sabaat'01:49 PM | 27 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020