23-year-old Lt Nasir among three army troops martyred in Waziristan blast
RAWALPINDI - Three troops of Pakistan Army, including a young lieutenant, were martyred in an IED blast in North Waziristan, reported military’s media wing on Thursday,
According to ISPR, terrorists planted roadside IED, which exploded on troops providing protection to road construction teams working in Ghariom sector on Road Shaga-Nishpa in the tribal district.
In the incident, 23-year-old Lieutenant Nasir Hussain Khalid, 33-year-old Naik Muhammad Imran and 30-year-old Sepoy Usman Akhtare mbraced shahadat, while 4 soldiers got injured.
Security forces cordoned off the area and search operation is being carried out for area clearance.
The martyred lieutenant was Graduate of Royal Military College, Australia and belonged 137 PMA Long Course / Corps of Engineers.
He was the only child of a widow, whose husband embraced martyrdom while serving in police.
- PSX in free fall as Shehbaz’s arrest brings political situation to ...11:44 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani MP demands treason cases against opposition members over ...11:28 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ADB approves $300 million loan to develop capital markets in Pakistan10:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Gilgit-Baltistan to get status of Pakistan’s provisional province09:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- 'Cannot suppress us by clever tactics,' Nawaz Sharif tells govt after ...09:15 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ZEE5 Global unveils the first look of new Zindagi Original ‘Ek ...02:25 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar share the most adorable selfie with ...01:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020