Asim Saleem Bajwa rubbishes allegations of concealing assets as baseless
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to PM on Information Asim Saleem Bajwa on Thursday issued a detailed rebuttal, rejecting allegation of concealing assets as baseless and incorrect.
The chief of the CPEC Authority wrote on his Twitter handle, "I strongly rebut the baseless allegations levelled against me and my family. Alhamdolillah another attempt to damage our reputation belied/exposed. I have and will always serve Pakistan with pride and dignity."
Referring to allegations leveled by a journalist Ahmad Noorani in a story against his wife, Bajwa said that the accusation of not declaring investment of his wife abroad in his declaration of assets and liabilities as SAPM is “materially false”.
“On the date of filing of the said declaration i.e. 22.06.2020 my wife was no longer an investor or shareholder in any business of my brothers or anyone else, abroad. My wife had disinvested all her interests as at 01.06.2020 in any entity abroad and such fact has been duly documented in the official records in the USA,” read the press release.
I strongly rebut the baseless allegations levelled against me and my family.Alhamdolillah another attempt to damage our reputation belied/exposed.I have and will always serve Pakistan with pride and dignity. pic.twitter.com/j185UoGhx1— Asim Saleem Bajwa (@AsimSBajwa) September 3, 2020
Talking about his children’s assets, he said that most of the companies held by his sons are dormant with one another is running in losses while another has made a profit of Rs500,000 in three years.
The CPEC chief about his brothers investments said, “in a span of eighteen years i.e. from 2002 till date my brothers purchased the franchise and assets related thereto and real estate to the tune of $70 million, out of which around $60 million were through bank loans and financial facilities”.
He asserted that none of his brothers are his dependents. He added that their total out of pocket investment is fully documented and justified from their own sources.
- Maryam Nawaz appears before IHC in Avenfield reference today11:44 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020