Polio free Pakistan to be ensured, says Dr Faisal
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination Dr Faisal Sultan said that polio eradication is the top-most priority of the government as polio affects the future generations.
Chairing a high-level meeting at the National Emergency Operations Center for Polio Eradication in Islamabad, he has assured full support to the polio eradication programme to reach out every child with all essential vaccines.
Expressing serious concern over the polio cases, Dr Sultan urged joint working of the EPI and PEI programmes at all levels to quickly plug the wide immunity gap for all vaccine preventable diseases including polio.
He said government aims to vaccinate almost 40 million under five children in the next nationwide campaign scheduled to start from 21st of this month.
He also lauded the efforts being made to make Pakistan polio-free
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020