$4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-19
NEW DELHI –A resident of India's Maharashtra state has turned heads after wearing a solid gold face mask worth nearly $4,000 amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Shankar Kurade told a Russian news network that the mask is 5.5lbs in weight, and cost him 289,000 rupees [$3,869].
The mask has holes to help with breathing, but Kurade said “only wearing a mask is not sufficient social distancing is also necessary.”
India is the fourth country in the world with highest number of coronavirus cases, recording more than 22,700 new positive tests on Friday. Since the start of the outbreak, more than 651,000 cases of the disease have been reported by Indian public health officials, and the country's death toll currently stands at 18,695.
- Hajj flight operation completed as over 83,000 Pakistani pilgrims ...08:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Key suspect in KU attack detained as Sindh info minster points finger ...07:44 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Military officials brief political leaders on security situation, ...06:24 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Tabish Hashmi believes Kapil Sharma's show copied Pakistani concept05:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Amar Khan’s new TikTok video goes viral06:00 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022