DG ISPR hails smooth transition of power, addresses regional issues in latest presser
Addressing a press conference at the General Head Quarters (GHQ), the official highlighted that a safe Afghanistan was in the interest of Pakistan but hastened to add that Pakistan’s desire for peace should not be mistaken for weakness.
Regarding the border clashes with India, the military's spokesperson said that India targets civilian population in ceasefire violations.
" India has carried out 1,077 ceasefire violations since the start of 2018 to date. From 2013 till now, 48 people have been martyred due to unprovoked firing by India," disclosed the official.
"Pakistan has always acted with responsibility and wants the implementation of the agreement reached between DGMOs," shared the spokesperson.
He clarified that if India fires the first bullet and no harm is incurred, Pakistan will not respond but also warned that if India fires the second bullet, then Pakistan will give a befitting response.
The Pak Army spokesperson hailed the smooth transition from a democratically elected government to its successor.
"Pak Army is the happiest entity over the successful completion of democratic government," he shared.
He expressed that it was the duty of Election Commission of Pakistan to conduct elections, however, added that the armed forces can provide services for providing security.
"2018 is a year of changes. Political parties are [competing] against one another," he added.
Major General Asif Ghafoor hailed the merger of the erstwhile Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) with the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, terming it a "great success".
He said Pakistan wants respectable repatriation of Afghan refugees but added that there was no link of Fata-KP merger with the border fencing.
Manzoor Pashteen and PTM
On the controversy of rallies staged by Pashtun Tahafuz Movement (PTM), Major General Ghafoor told the media that he himself met Manzoor Pashteen and Mohsin Dawar, who shared their concerns regarding the slain Naqeebullah Mehsud, missing persons and border check-post issues.
"The army assured them of resolving the issues and Mohsin Dawar sent a message of thanks as well," he observed.
He remarked that despite assurances, a social media campaign started, and a topi (hat) made [outside] arrived in Pakistan.
He also shared that a PTM leader Ali Wazeer chanted anti-army slogans in Wana area.
What happened in Wana is that Ali Wazir chanted Anti-Army and Anti-Pakistan slogans, a Jirga was called by Aman committee and that went out of hands, as weapons came out, said the official and added that Army helicopters evacuated those who were injured.
He elaborated that when PTM wanted to hold a gathering in Lahore and news came out of the arrest of its leaders, Army Chief Gen Bajwa personally made a telephone call to an agency and told them not to do so.
Asad Durrani's 'The Spy Chronicles'
On the issue of the book penned by former ISI chief, Asad Durrani, the DG ISPR expressed that an inquiry had been launched against the military general, the outcome of which would be shared with the media as well.
"There is a difference between a layman and a former military general and sharing the experience of professional service is unfair," added the spokesperson.
Contending that the said military officer took early retirement, Major Asif Ghafoor expressed that No Objection Certificate (NOC) was not obtained by him.
The DG ISPR also showed a web of Twitter accounts that tweet Anti-State, Anti-Pakistan and Anti-Army material; interestingly anchor Matiullah Jan was also among the accounts.
Dictation To Media
Major General Asif Ghafoor shared that instructions are never passed to media outlets for a favourable promotion.
"Pakistani media is playing a positive role and I keep myself in touch with media owners and anchors," observed the official.
- India refuses visas to Pakistan blind cricket team for T20 World Cup12:45 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo will not start for Portugal in match against ...12:25 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Achraf Hakimi helps Morocco knock Spain out of World Cup on penalties12:02 AM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan to hold next general election in October 2023 after digital ...11:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- 'Ghani Syaani' – Twitter goes gaga over Shehnaaz Gill and MC ...10:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- The Legend of Maula Jatt now available for movie lovers in England10:28 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Bohemia beats Aima Baig in Go-karting08:51 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Man who stole Lady Gaga's dogs sentenced to 21 years in prison09:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022