Smart lockdown imposed in Lahore’s various coronavirus hotspot areas
LAHORE – A smart lockdown has been imposed in certain areas of Lahore after a surge of coronavirus case was reported, it emerged on Thursday.
The Punjab government has identified the areas as the coronavirus hotspot owing to "a constant increase in positivity percentage and prevalence of COVID-19" in Punjab over the last two weeks.
As per official notification, all markets, shopping plazas, restaurants, offices shall remain closed in the areas where restrictions have been imposed to slow the spread of the virus.
The government has also imposed a complete ban on the movement of people to and from these areas in terms of public and private transport has been instilled except for "limited movement of one person per vehicle to and from the exempted facilities".
People in these areas have been barred from holding all kinds of social and religious gatherings.
The different spots of cantonment, Samanabad and Islampura have been placed under the smart lockdown.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022