Smart lockdown imposed in Lahore’s various coronavirus hotspot areas
LAHORE – A smart lockdown has been imposed in certain areas of Lahore after a surge of coronavirus case was reported, it emerged on Thursday.
The Punjab government has identified the areas as the coronavirus hotspot owing to "a constant increase in positivity percentage and prevalence of COVID-19" in Punjab over the last two weeks.
As per official notification, all markets, shopping plazas, restaurants, offices shall remain closed in the areas where restrictions have been imposed to slow the spread of the virus.
The government has also imposed a complete ban on the movement of people to and from these areas in terms of public and private transport has been instilled except for "limited movement of one person per vehicle to and from the exempted facilities".
People in these areas have been barred from holding all kinds of social and religious gatherings.
The different spots of cantonment, Samanabad and Islampura have been placed under the smart lockdown.
- Pakistan becomes first team to claim 1000 T20I wickets07:32 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Afghan envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s relentless support ...06:07 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sunita Marshall spots blunder in Khuda Aur Muhabbat 304:34 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021