Selfies banned from 2015 Met Gala
Anna Wintour, Vogue and the Metropolitan Museum of Art have reportedly issued a memo to attendees of the star-studded soiree, warning them against the use of phone photography and social media.
"The use of phones for photography and social media will not be permitted inside the gala," the note read, according to the New York Post.
Sources told the Hollywood Reporter that the new rule is "solely to do with guests' security and enjoyment of the event."
The Met Gala is the latest event to try to limit phone use. Wimbledon banned selfie sticks last week.
Cannes Film Festival director Thierry Fremaux said last month that the festival wanted to "slow down" the use of phones on the red carpet.
Fremaux described selfies as "ridiculous and grotesque."
- Notices issued to five airlines including PIA for cancelling domestic ...08:11 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Dubai signs deal with India for investment in occupied Kashmir07:43 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan likely to hike electricity tariff by Rs2.65/unit06:48 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Rule of law must for true democracy, says PM Imran at ...06:13 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021