Fake accounts case: AC extends Zardari, Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand till Oct 22
ISLAMABAD - Accountability Court in Islamabad has extended the judicial remand of former President Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur till 22nd of this month in fake bank accounts case after both the leaders could not be indicted in today’s hearing.
Judge Muhammad Bashir is hearing the case of money laundering through fake bank accounts and Park Lane Estate Company references after Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leaders were produced before the court.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is investigating 32 people in the money laundering case.
Investigations so far have revealed that several ‘benami’ accounts were opened in 2013, 2014 and 2015 at some private banks from where transactions worth billions of rupees were made, in a fictitious manner.
The amount is said to be black money gathered from various kickbacks, commissions and bribes.
- Sindh police accuse PPP minister of running crime rings amid IGP ...10:57 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Saudi-Iran military conflict would prove 'disastrous' for Pakistan, ...09:21 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- NAB shuts inquiry against PM Imran's close aide Zulfi Bukhari07:49 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Asset details: ECP suspends membership of 318 lawmakers including ...07:14 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran takes notice of Faisal Vawda's attitude in talk show06:56 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler reportedly split after 9 years ...03:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Jemima Goldsmith shares what it’s like to marry a national hero03:26 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- Saba Qamar to play lead role in Hassan Zia's upcoming film03:09 PM | 16 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019