Fake accounts case: AC extends Zardari, Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand till Oct 22
ISLAMABAD - Accountability Court in Islamabad has extended the judicial remand of former President Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur till 22nd of this month in fake bank accounts case after both the leaders could not be indicted in today’s hearing.
Judge Muhammad Bashir is hearing the case of money laundering through fake bank accounts and Park Lane Estate Company references after Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leaders were produced before the court.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is investigating 32 people in the money laundering case.
Investigations so far have revealed that several ‘benami’ accounts were opened in 2013, 2014 and 2015 at some private banks from where transactions worth billions of rupees were made, in a fictitious manner.
The amount is said to be black money gathered from various kickbacks, commissions and bribes.
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Asim Azhar teams up with an American band for a song01:32 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019