Fake accounts case: AC extends Zardari, Faryal Talpur’s judicial remand till Oct 22
ISLAMABAD - Accountability Court in Islamabad has extended the judicial remand of former President Asif Ali Zardari and his sister Faryal Talpur till 22nd of this month in fake bank accounts case after both the leaders could not be indicted in today’s hearing.
Judge Muhammad Bashir is hearing the case of money laundering through fake bank accounts and Park Lane Estate Company references after Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leaders were produced before the court.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) is investigating 32 people in the money laundering case.
Investigations so far have revealed that several ‘benami’ accounts were opened in 2013, 2014 and 2015 at some private banks from where transactions worth billions of rupees were made, in a fictitious manner.
The amount is said to be black money gathered from various kickbacks, commissions and bribes.
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- How to fight with Coronavirus?07:43 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Karachiites thrash policemen for stopping Friday prayer06:45 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Zahid Ahmed apologises to the nation for choosing a script ‘so ...05:02 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019