Rape victim, 21, dies during forced abortion in Bahawalpur
BAHAWALPUR - A woman has lost her life undergoing a forced medical abortion months after she was allegedly raped in the Punjab city.
According to media reports, the incident took place in Ahmadpur East Tehsil of Bahawalpur where the 21-year-old woman died after allegedly being forced to take abortion medicine.
The family alleged that their daughter was given medicine obtained from a quack which led to the abortion and her health deteriorated due to which she was taken to Bahawalpur's Victoria Hospital, where she could not survive.
Her family has alleged that their daughter was raped for five months by a man pretending to be her tutor.
The police have registered a case against four suspects, who are still at large.
- vivo V23e now available in 128GB version01:03 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Several educational institutions sealed amid rising Covid cases in ...12:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Novak Djokovic likely to be barred from French Open after stern ...11:56 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Umar Ata Bandial notified as next Chief Justice of Pakistan11:23 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan in close touch with UAE officials over citizen’s death in ...10:49 AM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021