Rape victim, 21, dies during forced abortion in Bahawalpur
BAHAWALPUR - A woman has lost her life undergoing a forced medical abortion months after she was allegedly raped in the Punjab city.
According to media reports, the incident took place in Ahmadpur East Tehsil of Bahawalpur where the 21-year-old woman died after allegedly being forced to take abortion medicine.
The family alleged that their daughter was given medicine obtained from a quack which led to the abortion and her health deteriorated due to which she was taken to Bahawalpur's Victoria Hospital, where she could not survive.
Her family has alleged that their daughter was raped for five months by a man pretending to be her tutor.
The police have registered a case against four suspects, who are still at large.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020