Indian drama will have a transgender for the leading part for the first time ever
A popular TV show Shakti- Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki aired on Colors TV, presented its female lead Soumya (played by Rubina Dilaik), as a transgender in its latest episode.
The mystery has been kept away from Soumya all her lifetime with her over-protective mother. But it’s time to bring out the truth as she draws the knot with Harman (played by Vivian Dsena).
Rubina confirmed that her on-screen character will proceed through a unique device, she was speaking to Times of India.
“Yes, I will play a transgender and it is the biggest revelation on the show. Soumya is going to react to it because it is the biggest secret of her life that has been kept from her. In the coming time you will see how she (Soumya) copes up with the entire situation,” she said.
Although the plot line isn’t completely devoid of typical Indian drama, it’s decidedly a step towards progressive TV shows.
- Sindh nods to 20pc pay increase for govt employees, sets Rs25,000 ...01:50 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan keen to expand military, bilateral ties with Egypt: CJCSC01:32 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021: Karachi Kings to face Peshawar Zalmi tonight01:01 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran announces subsidy for poor families to buy essential items ...12:43 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- UAE likely to lift Covid travel ban for Pakistanis starting July 712:18 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021