Int’l conference urges UNSG to appoint special envoy on IOK
NEW YORK - A two-day international conference on Kashmir, organized by Istanbul University has urged United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to appoint a special envoy to help resolve the decades-old dispute between India and Pakistan.
The video-link conference which was held in New York, voicing grave concern over the deteriorating situation in Indian occupied Kashmir. The conference also deliberated on the prevailing situation in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir by prominent figures from Pakistan and Turkey, ,.
The conference adopted a declaration welcoming UN chief's reaffirmation that the Kashmir dispute should be settled in accordance with the UN Charter and the Security Council resolutions that pledged right of self-determination to the Kashmiri people.
President Azad Jammu and Kashmir Sardar Masood Khan, Information Minister Shibli Faraz and Lord Nazir Ahmed also participated in conference.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 February 202108:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Peshawar Zalmi defeat Quetta Gladiators by 3 wickets11:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Kashif Zameer accused of kidnapping, torturing social media activist ...10:27 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Kite-flyer downs police drone monitoring Basant ban in Rawalpindi ...08:56 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Ramiz Raja’s YouTube channel compromised for unknown reasons08:01 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021