Justice Dost Muhammad to take over as caretaker CM KP, decides ECP
ECP's Additional Secretary Admin Nazir Akhtar, in a media talk, said that the name of the former justice has been selected in a high-level meeting, headed by the chief election commissioner.
Khan also served as Chief Justice of the Peshawar High Court from 17 November 2011 to 31 January 2014. He refused to take oath under the Provisional Constitutional Order (PCO) 3 November 2007 and rejected all kinds of offers.
Khan was born on 20 March 1953 in Bannu District of KP and started his professional career as a lawyer in 1976 and served in lower and high courts as well as the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
ECP Receives Four Names
On Monday, the ECP received four nominees for caretaker Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK).
The names pitched by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf are Aijaz Quraishi and Himayat Ullah Khan while opposition suggested Manzoor Afridi and justice (r) Dost Muhammad for steering the province till the next regime takes charge.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan had earlier rejected the name of Manzoor Afridi suggested by his own party for the position of caretaker chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Imran Khan rejects Manzoor Afridi's nomination as ... 04:50 PM | 28 May, 2018
PESHAWAR - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman, Imran Khan has reportedly rejected the name of Manzoor Afridi for the ...
The matter was then referred to ECP when government and opposition failed to make a consensus on the issue.
- Pakistan Army chief meets top US defence officials at Pentagon01:44 AM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Farah Khan praises Gauri Khan as a 'middle-class Punjabi girl'11:44 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Indian college boy's Pasoori rendition spreads like wildfire11:19 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hira Tareen treats fans with beach photos07:43 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022