NA Deputy Speaker Suri sets example by rejecting expensive gift
LAHORE - Aiming to set an example of simplicity for political leaders, National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri rejected a high-breed horse worth Rs10 million as a gift that offered during his Gujrat visit.
Some reports claim that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader had accepted the racehorse which has won several competitions.
But a journalist, who is also an eyewitness, turned down the reports, saying the political leader had not accepted it.
Suri while refusing the gift said, "I am a worker of Imran Khan and a common man," adding that holding such high-breed horses were held by rich persons.
Later, the deputy speaker gave the gift back to the owner. The act of simplicity won the heart PTI workers present on the event.
- US Presidential election to be held on November 3: Trump09:46 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 34 deaths; Coronavirus cases reach 2,38609:09 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Chinese girl smashes money pot to aid Pakistan combat Covid-1912:24 AM | 4 Apr, 2020
- American pianist Ellis Marsalis dead at 85, fought coronavirus04:41 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Here's what PM Imran Khan has to say regarding Maria.B controversy04:31 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Mahira Khan urges people to donate to PM’s coronavirus relief fund04:11 PM | 3 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019