NA Deputy Speaker Suri sets example by rejecting expensive gift
LAHORE - Aiming to set an example of simplicity for political leaders, National Assembly Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri rejected a high-breed horse worth Rs10 million as a gift that offered during his Gujrat visit.
Some reports claim that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader had accepted the racehorse which has won several competitions.
But a journalist, who is also an eyewitness, turned down the reports, saying the political leader had not accepted it.
Suri while refusing the gift said, "I am a worker of Imran Khan and a common man," adding that holding such high-breed horses were held by rich persons.
Later, the deputy speaker gave the gift back to the owner. The act of simplicity won the heart PTI workers present on the event.
- Former IHC judge Shaukat Siddiqui allowed to practice law06:34 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- UAE allows alcohol sale to people above 21, eases restrictions on ...06:12 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- ICC calls off Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier after new Covid ...05:25 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Court moved seeking independent commission to probe Saqib Nisar’s ...03:52 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Junaid Safdar and Ayesha Saif's valima invite leaked online05:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021