Pakistan to chair World Trade Organization's committee for 2021
ISLAMABAD – Adviser to the Prime Minister for Commerce and Investment, Abdul Razak Dawood, announced through his Twitter on Friday that Pakistan has been elected to Chair the “Committee on Trade & Development (CTD)” of the World Trade Organization (WTO) for 2021.
The Ministry of Commerce is happy to share that Pakistan has been elected to Chair the "Committee on Trade & Development (CTD)" of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) for 2021. CTD was established in 1965 in GATT (now WTO) for economic development of Developing Countries...1/2 pic.twitter.com/AhroleJOBM— Abdul Razak Dawood (@razak_dawood) March 5, 2021
CTD was established in 1965 in GATT (now WTO) for the economic development of Developing Countries, especially issues related to the “Enabling Clause” for provision of non-reciprocal trading preferences to Developing Countries, like GSP, etc. Under Pakistan’s leadership, the CTD would strive to work for the expansion of trade & investment opportunities for Developing Countries.”
The Committee on Trade and Development (CTD) serves as a focal point for the consideration and coordination of work on the development in WTO. It considers a broad range of issues relating to the trade of developing countries.
Pakistan joins Madrid System of Trademark in ... 05:29 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has joined the Madrid system of Trademark after years of efforts and hard work of the ...
- Pakistan reports 5,499 new cases, 148 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:09 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 April 202108:35 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021