Pakistan Railways to resume operations on May 10 amid pandemic
RAWALPINDI - Pakistan Railways Tuesday announced to resume its operation at limited scale across the country from May 10 amid rising number of coronavirus cases in the country.
Initially, 15 trains, including Tezgam, Awam Express, Khyber Mail and other, will operate, said a notification issued by the ministry.
The notification also details precautionary measures for passengers to follow while travelling by trains. Passengers and railways staff have been asked to maintain social distancing during the travel.
Fifty per cent booking of tickets will be made through online system, it further said.
The passenger train operation had been suspended across Pakistan in March following the rise in the COVID-19 cases while cargo trains service was not halted.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020