Punjab to impose 7-day lockdown in several cities to control coronavirus
Shopping malls may be closed for three days ahead of Eidul Azha
LAHORE – The Punjab government on Tuesday decided to impose a lockdown in certain parts of Rawalpindi, Lahore, Gujranwala and Sialkot.
The "controlled entry and exit" will be observed in Rawalpindi, Gujrat, Sialkot and Gujranwala till July 27, 2020, according to a notification issued by the Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department (P&SHD) under the Punjab Infectious Diseases Ordinance 2020.
“All markets, shopping malls, restaurants, offices (public and private) shall remain closed in these areas. There shall be a complete ban on the movement of people to and from these areas by public and private transport except for the limited movement of one person per vehicle to and from the exempted facilities,” the notification read.
سمارٹ لاک ڈاؤن ایریا میں بنیادی اشیاء ضروریہ بدستور میسر رہیں گی۔— Government of Punjab (@GOPunjabPK) July 21, 2020
سمارٹ لاک ڈاؤن کا مقصد زیادہ کیسز والے علاقوں سے لوگوں کی آمدورفت کو محدود کرنا ہے۔این سی او سی کی مشاورت سے حکومت پنجاب کورونا وائرس پر قابو پانے کے لیے بہترین لائحہ عمل اپنا رہی ہے۔
Earlier this month, "smart lockdown" was enforced in seven cities of Punjab for 15-days slated to end on July 24.
Meanwhile, reports in local media suggest that the provincial government has decided to close down all shopping malls, business centres and bazaars three days ahead of Eidul Azha to curb the spread of coronavirus.
A final decision on the proposal to the federal government will be made by Centre after consultations with all stakeholders.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020