Pakistan retains second position in ICC Test Team Rankings
Pakistan, who were top-ranked till India overtook them last month, lost two points despite a series win because they went in with a 44-point lead over the West Indies and the rankings are weighted to reflect this difference, according to latest rankings issued by ICC on Friday.
Pakistan remained in second position with 109 points, six points behind India and just one point ahead of third-placed Australia. The West Indies have gained two points to reach 69 points to grab eighth position.
Moreover, West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite has moved into the top 20 of the ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen for the first time after playing a stellar role in his team's five-wicket win over Pakistan in the final Test that ended on Thursday, Dawn News reported.
Brathwaite, who became the first opener to remain unbeaten in both innings of a Test match with scores of 142 and 60, has gained 13 places to reach a career-best 19th rank.
Pakistan has four batsmen in the top-20 ─ Younis Khan (5th), captain Misbah-ul-Haq (10th), opener Azhar Ali (12th) and Asad Shafiq (17th). Sami Aslam has moved up two positions to a career-best 60th position after making scores of 74 and 17 in Sharjah.
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test Bowlers led by Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, Wahab Riaz has gained four places to reach a career-best 24th rank.
- Buckingham Palace to bid farewell to Prince Philip in limited funeral04:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- WATCH - Joy Chapman scores Guinness world record for female lowest ...03:15 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Sanam Jung reveals the ultimate diet plan to loose 5kg in Ramadan ...02:29 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021