128 Pakistanis stranded in Uzbekistan return via PIA special flight
ISLAMABAD - The Embassy of Pakistan, Tashkent successfully repatriated 128 stranded Pakistani nationals from the Republic of Uzbekistan, through a special flight of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Monday.
According to a press release issued by the embassy as a humanitarian gesture, the same flight also brought back 22 Uzbek nationals from Pakistan said a press release received here.
These stranded Pakistanis including tourists who came to the Republic of Uzbekistan on short-term visas and could not return to Pakistan due to the suspension of international flights following the COVID-19 outbreak.
During their stay in Uzbekistan, the Embassy of Pakistan, Tashkent took all necessary steps to ensure the complete well being of these Pakistanis.
The embassy provided food, accommodation, and medicines to many of these compatriots.
The entire embassy personnel was at the Tashkent International Airport during their repatriation to Pakistan in order to avoid any inconvenience to them.
“We are grateful to all relevant authorities of the government of Uzbekistan for their support and cooperation to ensure smooth repatriation of our citizens,” said an official of the Pakistani Embassy.
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets another record01:43 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal, Zulqarnain ooze couple goals on dreamy Europe ...01:35 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Indian plane makes emergency landing at Karachi airport01:14 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch: Mahira Khan shows off her dance moves on 'Loota Re'12:06 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Marwa Hocane sends sweetest birthday wishes to Ameer Gilani11:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022