PM Boris Johnson in London hospital over coronavirus symptoms
UK’s Queen Elizabeth-II says united effort will defeat virus
LONDON – British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital for tests after suffering persistent coronavirus symptoms, his office said late on Sunday.
Johnson, 55, had been due to re-emerge from seven days of self-isolation on Friday, a week after announcing he had tested positive for COVID-19 and had mild symptoms.
However, within an hour of Queen Elizabeth’s rare special address to the country and Commonwealth nations in which she said “united effort will defeat virus”, Johnson had been admitted for further tests as a precaution.
Downing Street called it a “precautionary step” and it is understood his admission was not an emergency and he was taken to hospital on medical advice.
COVID-19: UK rolls out world’s largest trial of ... 05:36 PM | 5 Apr, 2020
LONDON – The world’s largest randomised clinical trial of potential coronavirus treatments is well underway ...
Johnson is the most high-profile world leader to contract the virus. His pregnant partner, Carrie Symonds, is also recovering from symptoms but has not been tested.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock returned to work on Friday after a week at home following his positive test for COVID-19. The chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, has also displayed symptoms.
Prince Charles out of coronavirus self-isolation 10:08 PM | 30 Mar, 2020
LONDON – Prince Charles, the eldest son and heir of Queen Elizabeth II, is no longer in quarantine after showing ...
The global pandemic of COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, has seen more than 1.2 million cases and nearly 70,000 deaths.
Britain currently has 47,806 confirmed hospital cases and 4,934 deaths while a total of 135 people have recovered.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020